Careers The Montessori School
The Montessori School seeks to hire enthusiastic, energetic individuals who are passionate about the growth and development of children, and are comfortable working in a team environment. We are a non-profit, private education institution for children ages 3–12 and provide a warm, vibrant, educational home designed to foster a love of learning.
Interested in joining the TMS team? See all of our current openings below. Career opportunities at The Montessori School are also frequently advertised on the following sites:
Business Manager - Expand for description
The Montessori School is looking for a new Business Manager! We are looking for someone passionate about Montessori who has business experience. The Business Manager at The Montessori School has four primary job responsibilities;
1. Financial management and reporting
2. Government and regulatory compliance
3. Facility, property, and IT management, and
4. Human resource management.
The Business Manager reports to the Head of School. A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with at least five years of leadership and human resource management experience is required. Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills required. A background check is required. Hours: 8:00-4:00 Monday through Friday, 52 weeks/year. This is an exempt position. From $22 per hour. To apply please submit a resume to email@example.com.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Conscientiously manages all school finances
- Collaborates with Head of School (HOS) to develop annual budget and long term planning
- Monitors budget and alerts HOS to issues of concern
- Responsible for regulatory compliance and reporting
- Maintains accurate records for annual audit
- Develops and oversees internal checks and balances
- Analyses feasibility of various proposals and presents financial analysis
- Collaborates with the leadership, board and finance committee to align finances to support agreed upon objectives
- Develops and presents reports to leadership to inform decision making
- Oversees insurance policies and audits for property, workman’s compensation, liability and director’s liability
Government and Regulatory Compliance
- Stays abreast of regulatory issues such as OSHA, ADA, FLSA, EEOC, DOL and others as pertains the school
- Ensures policies and practices align to regulatory requirements
- Ensures record keeping complies with statutes and regulations
- Prepares and files government reports accurately and on time
Facility, property, and IT Management
- Establishes standards of campus and is responsible for the safety, cleanliness, security, maintenance, and appearance of grounds, buildings, and equipment
- Hires and oversees housekeeping and grounds staff
- Oversees bidding process for contracts related to building and grounds maintenance and IT support
- Develops and updates deferred maintenance plan annually
- Develops and oversees inventory process to ensure accurate accounting and preservation of school assets
- Researches and proposes IT solutions and trouble shooting for program and business solutions
- Holds a commitment to environmental protection and conservation that is reflected in product use and practices
- Can evaluate and manage risks
Human Resource Management
- Work with HOS to develop policies, job descriptions, hiring practices, recruitment strategies, practices, and policies that are consistent with the culture of Montessori
- Support HOS on staff development and performance objectives management
- Continuously updates Employee Handbook to align to planned objectives and legislative changes
- Collaborate with HOS to establish wage and benefit objectives that are equitable and consistent
- Conducts self in ways the promote a positive organizational culture and effective staff relations
- Oversees and manages all aspects of payroll and benefits management including analysis of retirement, health, dental, life, disability, and vision insurance.
- Develops and presents reports on retention, compensation, benefits, and other human resource data to inform decision making
Job Skill Requirements
The business manager must be skilled and experienced in general accounting methods, cash flow management, payroll, oversight of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and have excellent technical skills. They should be skilled at developing and executing strategies that ensure financial stability and long-term health of the business, oversight of people, skilled in organizational management, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. They will be comfortable collaborating, communicating, problem-solving, and negotiating with staff, the board of directors, committees, bankers, government agencies, and foundations.
The Montessori School is a non-profit, private education institution for children ages 3–12 and provides a warm, vibrant, educational home designed to foster a love of learning. We offer competitive wages and a generous benefits plan (health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, life insurance, paid time off, tuition discount, etc.). EOE www.themontessorischool.org.
We have implemented strict safety protocols for staff and families. Using guidance from the CDC, DHS, MI Safe Start Plan, and childcare licensing, our procedures have been designed to keep our community safe and to prevent the spread of illness.
To apply please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Business Manager has their own private office.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
The Montessori School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity and justice in our staff community and beyond. No applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, ability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or family or parental status. Furthermore, discrimination or harassment of any kind is not tolerated in our workplace or community.